Sunday, December 9, 2012

Freedom isn't free

I started the day in Washington, having had a delightful dinner there last night with an old friend from Iowa City whom I had not seen in 30 years -- one of Facebook's many blessings to me. Anyway, I went for a run this morning from the St. Regis Hotel to the Lincoln Memorial, and then most of the way back along the National Mall to the Capitol. I stopped for a moment at the Korean War Memorial, communing with the Korean and Chinese tourists stopping to take pictures. I wondered what they thought of the memorial, and how widely their respective perceptions of it diverge.

Korean War Memorial

For my part, I think it is very moving.

1 comment:

  1. "I wondered what they thought of the memorial"

    Why didn't you ask them?

    When you see "foreign faces," make friends. (You never know when somebody knows somebody who can help you in the global marketplace.)

    You gotta think like an entrepreneur every minute, my friend.

    - DEC (Jungle Trader)

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics